Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rise and Shine

Oh to be awakened by the sound of chirping birds and the warmth of sunshine on my cheek.  Today, shrill cries from the four year old, followed by the five year old cursing him out (nice, I know) woke me just in time to see both of them pummeling the eleven year old, who was so annoyed that he smashed their lego robot, which fueled the fire that drove the beating to the next level.  Whew, all this before the alarm even went off.  Why couldn't my kids inherit my love of sleep?  So after a morning scolding and a rush to make sure they are all fed, clothed, and had brushed their teeth, it felt like something was missing.  Bingo!  I didn't have the bun on my boob.

Last night my not quite three month old son (yes, all boys) slept a lot.  I was wondering when the four feedings at night would slow down.  He finished eating at about 10 last night.  At 3:46 this morning I rolled over and was abruptly awakened by the severity of pain in my tata's.  They were gigantic rocks.  I looked over at bun and he was sound asleep.  Knowing he would be up soon, I couldn't be bothered pumping.  So I hung out online for awhile.  Bored (which never happens online), I went back to the room.  He was asleep sucking on his fist and I took this as my queue.  I fed him and put him back in his crib.  The boy never woke up.  He missed his 6:30 feeding too.  It is now 8:30 and he is just now getting up.  He must have known this morning would be chaos and didn't want any part of it, haha.
 
I long for the lazy mornings that I so easily took for granted.  If I could escape for the weekend with Hubby, I think all I would do is sleep, oh and eat out.  Not quite worth the price of a hotel room, or is it....hmmmm.

No comments: