Sunday, November 22, 2009

My List of Thanks

Now that I'm going "home" for Thanksgiving, I need to prepare for our around the table verbal list of things we are thankful for.  I don't know why this is always so uncomfortable for me.  Of course I'm thankful for the usual things, my husband, my family (extensions included), our health and so on and so forth.  I just can't stand being generic about things, especially since everyone says variations of the same things.  So here is a partial list of things that I am truly thankful for.  It's partial because I'm sure I could sit here until Christmas naming all the little things.  I'm sure that in posting this, I'm just as lame as everyone else with their lists of thanks, but here it is anyway.
 I am thankful for:
  • The days I don't have to cook dinner
  • The rare mornings that I get to sleep an extra half hour
  • Unexpected hugs from my oldest (who is "too old" for such things)
  • The look in my husband's eye when he comes home and sees me taking something out of the oven or dryer. (I love the look, the "goose", not so much)
  • My chickens.  Watching the kids get eggs and chase the escapees just makes me laugh.
  • Delightful internet friends who know just when to crack me up
  • My second family
  • Movie night with kids piled up on us making a mess with the popcorn
  • The oldest playing guitar.  It gives me goosebumps every time I hear him.
  • The baby now sleeping for a 5hr stretch, or I'd never have time to visit the computer.
  • For the times when Hubby knows I've had a day, and comes home with something sweet just for me.
  • Fresh baked bread (I'm still struggling with baking a perfect loaf, but it smells so good)
  • That people want my pies for gifts, It feels good and makes for a frugal Christmas.
  • The silly smiles that fill this house with love and make it a home
Though I'm sure I'll be one here before Thanksgiving, I hope your holiday is filled with laughter, love, and lots of really good food.

No comments: