Friday, November 6, 2009

Reflections in Miniature

When you spend so much time trying to train the little ones to be who you want them to be, why do they only pick up you're bad habits?  I've come to realize the more I try to instill good habits and whatnot into my children, in an attempt to make their lives easier, the more they start sounding like me on a bad day.  Now, I don't go cursing my kids out or anything, but they sure are getting to be snotty little buggers.  Okay, sometimes they're cute, embarrassing but cute. 

Case in point, I took my four year old to my five year old's school Halloween parade. After we saw him and the younger realized that we weren't leaving, he dramatically put his hand on his forehead and announced to the world, "That's it I have had enough"!  Yeah, all the parents looked at me, some of them with knowing smiles and some just shocked.  Yeah, like they never get exasperated with their little brats. 

Anyway, you never know how many bad little habits you have until you see them reflected 100x a day in miniature.  And nothing pisses you of more than seeing how annoying you can be to others, since you sound just like them.  Well, that's how it is in my case anyway.  If you want to feel good about yourself, don't have kids.  If you plan on raising perfect little saints, give up now.  My mantra has become "They're lucky they're cute".  Lord knows it's saved them on many occasion.

No comments: