Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All About a Plan

I'm thinking that I should schedule my daily activities.  I've been home for years, and with the birth of my last, will bee home for a few more to come.  I'm good with that.  There's nothing like watching and helping kids grow.  Of course, no one tells you that spending so much time with them could lead you to blame yourself for any signs of unwanted behavior.  Ah, but that's a blog for another day.  I've been so far behind on things around here that I feel bogged down every time I open my eyes.  Sometimes I get a lot of things done, others not a darn thing.  So, in a serious attempt to regulate my daily output and eventually make my life a bit easier, I think that a schedule would do me good.  It definitely can't hurt.  Who knows, maybe I'll get a chance to do all things I would like to do with my kids.  Because right now, I feel like everything good is on hold because I have so many chores to do. 

Since the boys must get up at 7:15, then I shall get up at least at 7.  This would be regardless if hubby gets up or not.  Usually he does the mornings (mostly, I still get them ready) and I do everything else.  I must say, I love not having to walk anyone to the bus stop in the morning.  Anyway, I will start with the kitchen, and move to laundry.  My goal is to have everything washed and dried or at least 2 loads a day by lunch.  Then, in the afternoon, between errands and the boys getting home, I will put the clothes away and unload the dishwasher and tackle the living and family rooms.  The floors will have to wait until the kids are in bed, otherwise they just get dirty right away anyway.  This is my plan.  Perhaps I'll start slowly.  I'm not going to beat myself up too badly if I don't get some stuff done.  I have a bunch of kiddies and things happen.  But it is a plan and I feel better about having it.  Now, maybe with my new found hope I can tackle my personal pigsty and go back to living in a real home.

A girl can dream.

No comments: