Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Search for Peace

There comes a time in every problem, when facing the unchangeable, that one has to come to the conclusion that there is only so much that can be done.  There are, in fact, some things that we cannot control.  When the ineffectual emotion is set aside momentarily, the fog may lift.  In those moments of clarity, there is peace.  At that point, there is freedom not defeat.  Every situation is not a fight.  There is no competition.  There is, however, reluctance to let go.  People tend to take pause at the things they wish they could change, when they should be more focused on those they can change.

I am one of those people that is easily riled up when something that I feel ought to be in my hands is controlled by another.  It is uncomfortable to concede that I cannot do EVERYTHING.  Though, I like to think that I can, or I like to feel that I can.  When there are too many variables, there is no control.  In my daily struggles, I will try to etch out those firm parameters and work within them.  I will push and stretch where I can and where there is possibility for movement.  Slowly, I will learn to ease up and let go. 

This is me trying to learn how to relax. This is me hoping to find more peace in my day.  This is me trying really hard not to try to slap the stupidity out the ignorant.  Of course, I'm sure there are those that feel the same about me.

No comments: