Thursday, March 4, 2010

Half and Half

Have you ever had one of those days when, try as you might, the glass is just this side of half-full?  I have searched for the amusing part of things.  I have tried to be clever.  Apparently, a house full of people taking turns with a stomach bug just is not pleasant...at all.  By the time the others are over it enough to be cute, I'm in no mood to notice.  I will say this though, nothing lifts your mood quite like a baby's first, "Mama".

See, all the other kiddies said, "Dada" first.  "Mama", only came out in screams.  Not this time.  I came around the corner and my little Fatty looked up, smiled, raised his arms and said, "Mama".  I could've done a cartwheel.  If I knew how, that is.  So, stomach bugs and the mess that goes along with it, can be momentarily forgotten with one magic little word.

I say that now, but in a couple of years I'll dread the sound as it called to me about 1,000 times a day.  For now, I will savor it and love him even more.

Apparently, there is something good, no matter how rough the day.

No comments: