Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Day In Paradise

Between the teething, thumb sucking, aversion to reading, and innate laziness, my children have been quite a handful for the past couple of days.  There have been days when I wished I could drown myself in Calgon just for a minute of peace.  Other than those moments when the four of them are screeching at me at once, however,they sure are cute.

Everyone is gaga over the baby.  It's a good thing, because the 4 year old was using his belly as a pillow while watching television.  If he wasn't so heavy, it was really quite cute.  Then there is the five year old, who can talk his kid brother into just about anything without much effort at all.  He's my mischievous one. The oldest tends to stay out of sight.  I think he believes that out of sight really is out of mind.  It must be nice to be so naive.  He thinks that I can't smell his nasty turtle tank from right outside his room, as he yells to that he already cleaned it.  Not!  That thing is so gross.  

Even though my nerves got the better of me, and Hubby came home with wine coolers because I "sounded stressed" on the phone, I could still watch them sleep forever.  They are the sweetest most affectionate of boys.  Unfortunately, their sense of timing sucks.  They tend to tell me they love me and hold on to me for dear life when I am running with the baby at arms length because he had a diaper blowout that looks more like he got crapped on by an elephant.  Yes, these are the times when my little ones want to shower me with love.  I tell myself that soon they will understand why I can't stop what I am doing every two seconds and shower them with all the love they deserve every minute of the day.  For now, I just turn around and say, "Okay, I'll give you hugs and kisses but you have to hold your brother", and shove the nasty poo ball at them.  The always run away, haha.

 

No comments: